Sunday, November 7, 2010

Do you quilt? I have and I'd love to win an Accuquilt Go and Dies, would you?

I have made several quilts in my lifetime.   Some had liquid embroidered pictures on them (these were for my niece and nephew's twin size beds and had bible story pictures on them), some with hand sewn embroidery (for a friends baby, it had little animals on them).  Some of these quilts I used a sewing machine to speed up assembly time, some I did every stitch by hand.
Some had added embellishments like flat lace, ruffled lace, buttons
and yes even bows.
Yet, one thing I found that took a bit of enjoyment out of the quilting was carefully tracing and cutting out each quilting piece by hand.
No I didn't use a rotary cutter.  I did it all by hand.
Then the first time I did use a rotary cutter at a church quilting function the rotary blade broke and sliced my finger pretty badly.
Ouch was an understatement.  So I went back to my old way with the scissors.
Yet, I've read and learned about the Accuquilt Go! 
I think this is the most wonderful invention for quilters.
Lavender Ridge is having a giveaway of an Accuquilt Go! and 3 Dies on their blog.
If you'd like to enter to win like I would you can find the details over at
Good luck and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment