Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11, 2001

I've been reading on several blogs how some people want the Mosque to be built near ground zero because we have to forgive and forget.  I've also read that the Mosque should be allowed to be there because we have religious freedom in this nation.
This is my opinion and you can disagree if you want to.  I'm going to use my freedom of speech right here on this little blog of mine.  I disagree with the ones that say forgive and forget.  You can forgive, but you do not have to forget.  You need to remember, so you can pray that it never happens again.  You can remember so if you encounter a person making verbal threats against this country that you can contact appropriate law enforcement agencies, so they can then determine if this is an individual that would follow through on said threats.  I disagree with allowing the Mosque to be built near ground zero.  They can still practice their faith in this country, and do.  They just do not need to do it in a location that is going to cause grief and continual pain to those who lost loved ones on September 11th.  There are already several Mosque's/prayer rooms in New York, and I am sure they would allow another to built somewhere else if needed.  
Respect and kindness is a two way exchange.  I don't think it is respectful or kind to ask persons who lost loved ones at ground zero to have to say I forgive you and please build your Mosque recreation prayer room center where it brings back horrible memories and pain to me.  Maybe zoning laws need to be made to preserve this area from any faith to build another church in a so many block radius of ground zero.  I mean the ones that are already built could stay, but any new ones not be given the zoning okay. 
So there I said it, no hoodwink here.  Hoodna (I spelled this phonetically because I do not know how it's spelled in it's Muslim based language) is not something I believe is right in any circumstance.  I will not trick you to achieve my own goal at your expense.
I truly think that being a Muslim is not only holding to the Muslim faith, but the Muslim political viewpoint as well, I don't think they have a true separation between faith/government.  I think it goes hand in hand.  So
with that written here, I say just do not be hoodwinked.  Listen to what they have to say, but don't always believe it all as true or just.
I just hope that all who lost their lives on that day are in Heaven, otherwise their lives were for nothing and nothing can bring them back for a second chance or a possibility of an eternal life with The One and Only Creator of All.

No comments:

Post a Comment